quinta-feira, maio 24, 2007

New Blog Layout and content!!!

Hi everyone today my Blog is turning in a different direction from what as been until now.
I am a self learner photographer with a passion for photojournalism and most of what I know and learn of photography every day is from searching in the internet, reading books of photography, talking to other photographers, reading photo magazines, participating in web forums and galleries, etc.
From now on I want to make available this tools and information for photographers and for all interested in photography.
Primarily this information and tools will come by the form of links leading to other blogs and web sites of photography tips, photographers home pages, photoshop sites, etc.
I will be posting links that lead to tips and information about photography, photojournalism, multimedia photojournalism, photoshop tutorials, contests, general news, cameras, basically all I think that can help you to be a better photographer.
Also I will be posting photos I take in my daily assignments and I will analyze the photo and tell you why I use this or that camera and lenses or explain in which context was taken, please feel free to post comments about it, that's also a very nice way to learn.
I will start by showing you this photo. In this is a self portrait, I used a Canon EOS 1D Mark II N with the Canon lens 24-70L 2.8
There are two interesting things in this photo, the first one is that the sun is behind me but my face and body is filled with light, this light came from using the Canon Flash 580EX triggered by the Canon wireless transmitter ST-E2( yes I am a Canon freak, maybe one day Canon will sponsor me).
I start using more this technique since I found the Blog Strobist in this blog you will find all you need to know about this technique and quoting them "At Strobist, our goal is to promote more effective use of small, shoe-mount flashes. To teach you to use your small strobe to get results like the professionals get."
The second thing interesting is that it looks like I am holding that yellow tape with both arms and stretching it but no I was holding the flash with the right hand and in the left hand I was holding my camera, the yellow tape saying "CRIME SCENE" was made in photoshop!!!
You can learn how to do it by checking the web site Planet Photoshop and look for the video called "Follow the Evidence". Also you can check the other videos, they have really cool stuff to learn.
Well it's all for today Hope you enjoy the tips see you next time
©Miguel A. Lopes

Sem comentários: