segunda-feira, janeiro 07, 2008

Gypsy Kids

Last week I went through my archive and recover this photographs from Gypsy Kids. I made this portraits during a reportage about the Nomadic gypsies living in Portugal. These kids live in very poor conditions, they live in tents made with just some wood sticks and some plastic covers and with no floor, no water, or electricity. They also didn't have any conditions in terms of hygienic. They don't go to school due to their constant mobility. Usually these kids and the families don't stay in the same place for more than 3 days because of national laws and to local people that normally don't like to have them as neighbors.
They stay all day playing around the camping, helping the family with all kind of duties and playing with the horses that apparently are the only source of money of these family.
They stayed all day, making lots of noise and wanting me to photograph them but soon as I point the camera to them something strange happen, they become silent, something deep come from inside of these kids. It was the first time I felt I was steeling a soul, maybe the soul of these kids....

©Miguel A. Lopes
©Miguel A. Lopes
©Miguel A. Lopes
©Miguel A. Lopes
©Miguel A. Lopes

2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Gostei muito das fotos. Belo trabalho.

sumaryanto bronto disse...

i love, facial expression "Gypsy Kids"